Google
 

Friday, February 15, 2008

Some Studies...

Didn't realize how badly I've been slacking on keeping content on here. Sorry about that..., been pretty busy at home & work lately & back in school as well, but I'll try to have fresh content more frequently.

Here are a couple of eye studies, a couple WIP character designs, and a poor attempt at a portrait. Pretty happy with most of it except the portrait. I'll give myself some slack as it's the first one I've tried in probably 10 years or more, but still, even my untrained eye can see it's waaaaaaay off from the reference pic. As a stand alone illustration though it's not that bad, almost looks more like a caricature than a portrait, which would be cool if I had been trying to draw a caricature lol. I'll include the ref pic so you can beat me up more easily. Please fire away with crits & comments, I need them!






Oh & here's a few more bits of classwork, some contour drawings & hatching:




2 comments:

aaaa said...

hey pat those are some really really nice eyes. Theres some symettrical hitches but other than that they're really fantastic.

Rob Campbell said...

Terrific stuff Pat!! You are rockin' big time. I know how it is getting behind on getting pics posted as I don't have any new drawings up at my site for a few reasons.

Mostly wanted to stop by and say hello and see what's new in your art. Keep on truckin'