Google
 

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Final - I think

Here's what I think is going to be the final version of my first Falling Rock BG. At this poin I'm not really sure what to add & am afraid I'll do more harm than good. Seems like a good time to call it a finished piece... Any accessories or moving pieces I'll add in Toon Boom or Pencil. I might mix it up a bunch with the bitmaps & vectors... we'll see. Long way to go before I worry about that. So until my next posting, let me know what you think of this one. Comments on the texture & such would be particularly helpful as I'm thinking of doing the rest of my planned BG's in the same style of mixed media. Does it work for you in general?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really really like this piece. It's very professional and complete. The textures are all subtle but not overpowering, which means they won't detract from the final animation. Awesome.

Pat the Pirate said...

Thanks, Will! That means a lot. It is from a photo reference, so I have to give mother nature more credit than myself for the composition, but I'm glad to hear that the textures seem to work & everything goes together. I had fun playing with the various brushes, & I like the impasto look in the foreground mixed with the softer watercolors in the background. I think it made the foreground pop a bit more than it would have otherwise, but then again what the hell do I know?

Anyway I have a dozen or so more photos of the same general area that I plan to use for my other BG's. Really looking forward to this project, haven't quite finalized my character designs, but I'll post them when I have them & more BG's along the way of course.

Thanks again for the encouragement!

Anonymous said...

Its beautiful.

Watch Naruto Episodes