Google
 

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Profile Drawing

Here's my latest homework assignment, a drawing of someone from a profile view. I ended up drawing my wife because I waited til the last minute. Nothing against drawing her, but when you try to capture someone close to you on paper I often find it a struggle to keep all my preconceived notions of what they should look like out of my head. It's easier for me to just draw what I see when it is a total stranger or acquaintance. I don't think I'm alone in that problem though, so it's no big deal, & drawing Erin was probably great practice.

Couple parts of it I caught in the high-res scan that I hadn't noticed on paper. For instance, the contrast between the shadow & highlight on her upper lip is too stark. Also I could have done better on her cheek. Overall though I'm pretty pleased. Would love to get some feedback as always, so please fire awawy with any crits or comments.

No comments: