Google
 

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Great new toon

I'm sure a lot of you have seen this already, but here's a link to the pilot for "Korgoth of Barbaria". Cartoon Network picked it up a while ago, but I'm still waiting to hear when they will actually start airing episodes. The sooner the better is all I can say, there is a whole lot I love about this toon. The animation is superb, the timing is perfect & the humor is, well, hilarious. It's also got a healthy dose of good old fashioned cartoon violence. And I mean violence on a grand scale - but it's done in such a rediculous & over the top way that it only adds to the comedy. Check it out here, and please let me know if you've heard when episodes will start running.

6 comments:

Jerry Keslensky said...

Not my usual taste in cartoons, but that was really funny stuff. All they need is to get Arnold to voice Korgoth -lol- Nice find Pat. The style and the humor are really top notch and it is totally appropriate for Adult Swim. The college kids will eat that series up.

Pat the Pirate said...

I couldn't agree more. The first preview I saw made me think "this will either be really good or REALLY bad" luckily it was the former. I know the violence will turn some people off from the start, but it's so over the top it has to be funny. Plus the timing is perfect which always helps. I also really like that it's all hand drawn. I don't think I saw a single tween in there.

Lavalle Lee said...

i downloaded it, that pee scene made me fall off my chair

Pat the Pirate said...

lol, yeah... it reminded me of a very similar scene in one of the old "Revenge of the Nerds" movies with the guy named Ogre... or more recently the defrosting scene from "Austin Powers." Funny stuff though, I just wish I knew when the series is coming out.

Lavalle Lee said...

lol when its coming out, im sure years like most cartoons

just download the episodes, you know you can download .flv's and play them, i have a huge collection of cartoons, tutorials and animation tests from youtube, google, and myspace videos

ClintJCL said...

thanks for reminding me that I had downloaded this - i put it on my watching list, haha!

i love how good cartoons are now

they didn't used to be, however

http://clintjcl.wordpress.com/category/cartoons-that-never-should-have-been/

^ I am posting a series of articles. 2 so far, next 6 are written, another in the works.

You might be interested in seeing just how far we've come, from those days to these days.

(those days SUCKED! It was like.. the dark ages of cartoons!)

good blog! take it easy!