Google
 

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Happy Bastille Day!

In honor of Bastille Day (or because this was my first comic & I happen to read the paper yesterday) I am proud to present you with my attempt at humor. Crits & comments are welcome as always. I think it's decent, I'm happy with it, but I still see where I can improve in many areas. See what you think: Marie Antoinette

*Edit* I don't know why but I'm not getting the FOV that I had when I exported the toon in TBS. When I export & preview it looks how I want it(zoomed in slightly further so the top lef corner & right edge of wall are not visible), but then when I upload it to photobucket it shows these areas anyway. I'm fairly certain this is due to a stupid mistake on my part, but if anyone can let me know what exactly I overlooked please fill me in. I'll leave it alone for now, even though it shouldn't be visible, getting a glance at the awning behind the wall without the glass in front of it almost makes the glass effect better anyway. If nothing else you get to see it with & without the glass for a comparison.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Pat,

Concerning the reason why you most likely see more then what you see in the preview of Toon Boom Studio is that the swf format does not have any border. You will notice that if you open a flash movie with the flash player and stretch it to the left you will uncover more and more of the extra stuff around the scene rather then having a clean cut.

The best way to avoid this is to do the cut manually by either putting your animation in a Mask or by making a white framing around your animation. The danger with the framing is that if it goes above a background with a different color you will end up seeing white over gray (or whatever the background color is).

Guess this sums it up. Keep up the good work.

Ugo

Pat the Pirate said...

Thanks, Ugo. I will mess around with masks when I get home. It's a feature I've under-utilized so far, so this is a good reason for me to get learning :)